commonwealth academy parent association (CAPA)
CAPA is a vital part of our community, supporting students, teachers, and parents through a wide range of activities. All parents and guardians of students at Commonwealth are automatically members of CAPA, and are invited to become actively involved.
CAPA volunteers plan and/or support numerous events each year that enhance C/A student life, including:
- Welcome Back Picnic and end-of-year Field Day and picnics
- Community service activities and events
- Special end-of-quarter lunches for students and teachers
- School fundraisers
CAPA provides opportunities for fellowship as well as an open exchange of ideas and discussion about parenting issues and networking. Parent volunteers
- welcome new families
- plan informal coffees and schoolwide social events to help members of our community get to know each other better
- organize monthly meetings with invited speakers who share information and strategies on various parenting issues
Please Join Us
You are welcome and needed to play an active role in CAPA. There are many ways to participate, depending on your time, talents and interests. Come to a CAPA meeting to learn about the activities and events that need your support or contact a CAPA officer to get involved!
2018–2019 CAPA Officers
To find out more about the Commonwealth Academy Parents Association, please contact one of CAPA's officers. To send an email, just click on a name below, or right click to copy the email address to your clipboard.
Treasurer: Lisa Ward
Secretary: Meredith Mulhern
Vice President-Fundraising: Karen Meyers
Vice President - Community-based programs and Parent Engagement: Natasha Haubold
Vice Presidents - Parent Engagement
- HS Parent Engagement: Christine Stoneman
- MS Parent Engagement: Michelle Brayman
- LS Parent Engagement: Tiffeny Sanchez
Vice Presidents- School-based Programs: Julia Peyton
and Jacquie Segal
Ex-Officio: Connie Young
2018-2019 CAPA General Meetings
All parents are invited to CAPA General Meetings, which are held on a monthly basis at C/A. The meetings are generally held on a Friday. The beginning of the meeting (from 7:45 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.) is set aside for coffee and social time; the business portion of the meeting starts at 8:00 a.m.
Read the biweekly parent newsletters for up-to-date information on CAPA meetings.
Remaining meeting dates for the 2018-2019 School Year:
- Thursday, November 15, 2018, 6:45 p.m.: Special screening of the documentary, Angst. Parents and students (Grades 8-12) are invited to attend the view the film and participate in post-screening discussions. Click HERE for details.
- Friday, November 30, 2018, 7:45 a.m.: Updates from C/A Division Directors (High School: Katie Theobald, Middle School: Geoff Stanton and Lower School: Santiago Seré) and our school counselor, Emily Sorbi, will talk about CharacterCounts! program)
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 7:00 p.m.: Ann Dolin, M.Ed. will discuss her new book, "Getting Past Procrastination: How to Get Your Kids Organized, Focused, and Motivated… Without Being the Bad Guy." Ann is president and founder of Educational Connections Inc., which provides individualized one-to-one instruction based on each student’s learning style. She's an author, speaker, and educator.
- Friday, January 25, 2019, 7:45 a.m.: State of the School, with C/A Board of Trustees
- Friday, February 8, 2019, 7:45 a.m.: Student Accomplishments (Lower, Middle and High School students will present on their recent achievements)