commonwealth academy parent association (CAPA)
CAPA is a vital part of our community, supporting students, teachers, and parents through a wide range of activities. All parents and guardians of students at Commonwealth are automatically members of CAPA, and are invited to become actively involved.
CAPA volunteers plan and/or support numerous events each year that enhance C/A student life, including:
- Partnership fundraisers: AmazonSmile, Harris Teeter VIC Card, C/A School Store. Click HERE.
- Welcome Back Picnic and end-of-year Field Day
- Community service activities and events
- Special end-of-quarter lunches for students and teachers
CAPA provides opportunities for fellowship as well as an open exchange of ideas and discussion about parenting issues and networking. Parent volunteers
- welcome new families
- plan informal coffees and schoolwide social events to help members of our community get to know each other better
- organize monthly meetings with invited speakers who share information and strategies on various parenting issue
Please Join Us
You are welcome and needed to play an active role in CAPA's activities. There are many ways to participate, depending on your time, talents, and interests. Look out for event sign-ups in your email or contact a CAPA officer to get involved! We’d love to hear from you and can be reached via email at CAPA@ca-empowers.org.
2021–2022 CAPA Officers
To find out more about the Commonwealth Academy Parents Association, please contact one of CAPA's officers. To send an email, just click on the name below, or right-click to copy the email address to your clipboard.
President: Jessica Horwitz
Secretary: Aurora Thomas
Treasurer: Caty Poulin
Vice Presidents - Parent Engagement
- HS Parent Engagement: Tammy Duncan
- MS Parent Engagement: Alicia Rutherford
- LS Parent Engagement: Theresa Mongan
Vice Presidents- School-Based Programs
Ex-Officio: Jacquie Segal
CAPA General Meetings
All parents are invited to CAPA General Meetings. There is a mix of in-person and virtual meetings throughout the year and each meeting presents a speaker on a topic of interest. In-person meetings are held in the mornings and are located in the gym. Virtual meetings are held in the evening.
Check out the parent newsletters for the most up-to-date information on CAPA meetings.