commonwealth academy parent association (CAPA)
CAPA is a vital part of our community, supporting students, teachers, and parents through a wide range of activities. All parents and guardians of students at Commonwealth are automatically members of CAPA, and are invited to become actively involved.
CAPA volunteers plan and/or support numerous events each year that enhance C/A student life, including:
- Welcome Back Picnic and end-of-year Field Day and picnics
- Community service activities and events
- Special end-of-quarter lunches for students and teachers
- School fundraisers
CAPA provides opportunities for fellowship as well as an open exchange of ideas and discussion about parenting issues and networking. Parent volunteers
- welcome new families
- plan informal coffees and schoolwide social events to help members of our community get to know each other better
- organize monthly meetings with invited speakers who share information and strategies on various parenting issues
Click HERE to view the many instances of service our parent volunteers provided to students, faculty, parents and the school during the 2018-2019 school year.
Please Join Us
You are welcome and needed to play an active role in CAPA. There are many ways to participate, depending on your time, talents and interests. Come to a CAPA meeting to learn about the activities and events that need your support or contact a CAPA officer to get involved!
2019–2020 CAPA Officers
To find out more about the Commonwealth Academy Parents Association, please contact one of CAPA's officers. To send an email, just click on a name below, or right-click to copy the email address to your clipboard.
President: Jacquie Segal
President-Elect: Heather Eggert
Secretary: Ellen Paier
Treasurer: Caty Poulin
Vice Presidents - Community-Based Programs:
Vice President-Fundraising: Tiffeny Sanchez
Vice Presidents - Parent Engagement
- HS Parent Engagement: Karen Meyers
- MS Parent Engagement: Julia Peyton
- LS Parent Engagement: Kelly Beeland
Vice Presidents- School-based Programs
Ex-Officio: Connie Young
CAPA General Meetings
All parents are invited to CAPA General Meetings, which are held on a monthly basis at C/A.
The meetings are held on a Friday morning. The beginning of the meeting (from 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.) is set aside for coffee and social time; the business/speaker portion of the meeting starts at 8:00 a.m. and generally ends by 9:00 a.m.
Read the biweekly parent newsletters for the most up-to-date information on CAPA meetings.
Meeting dates and topics for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- Friday, September 20, 2019: Ms. Morgan (Head of School) and Mr. Clarke (Director of College Counseling)
- Friday, October 18, 2019: Implementation of Student Action Plans (SAP)
- Friday, November 15, 2019: Curriculum: C/A compared to public schools and state standards (Division Directors)
- Friday, December 13, 2019: TBD
- Friday, January 17, 2020: CA Board of Directors: Strategic Plan & the State of the School
- Friday, February 21, 2020: TBD
- Friday, March 20, 2020: Anxiety
- Friday, April 17, 2020: TBD
- Friday, May 15, 2020: TBD