COLLEGE COUNSELING & MATRICULATION
C/A is a college preparatory school. We know that students with learning differences can learn successfully and we know what tools and support will help out students to achieve that goal.
- We offer a broad-based curriculum, compensatory strategies, and a focus on technology to prepare our students for the challenges of college.
- Our students are taught to take personal responsibility for their learning and to self-advocate with confidence.
- We provide an environment that is conducive to academic risk-taking
Our teachers and support staff collaborate to help each student thrive
- A full-time college counselor is on staff to support students from 9th grade through 12th grade
- Our college counselor schedules parent and student meetings to provide guidelines for the admissions process and specific suggestions and tips for evaluating colleges
PSAT testing is given to 9th, 10th and 11th graders
We provide assistance with career goal-setting
We help students to
- complete college applications
- create a portfolio, if applicable
- apply for accommodations for standardized test
- prepare "Four Year Plans"
- Students use the web-based application, Naviance, to
- investigate, research, track and plan for the college admission process
- record their grades, activities, and college and/or career interests
Representatives from colleges visit C/A in the fall to meet with interested students
C/A holds a college fair in the spring so that parents and students can meet with representatives from various colleges and college support programs
Over the past three years, all of C/A's graduates have been accepted to college.
On average, most C/A students choose to attend four-year college options.
Other post-secondary options are also explored, tailored to each individual student.
Our C/A Graduate section of the website offers information on colleges to which our students have been accepted.
C/A Graduates Say...
- My college friends are amazed at how comfortable I am talking to professors and asking for guidance.
- I felt so prepared for papers and presentation in college...much more so than many of my new friends.
- Everything at C/A is personal and students are more accountable because teachers know the status of the students' assignments as well as we do...and help students to complete them.