Senior year is an exciting one, as students enjoy more independence and responsibility, shore up their skills, and prepare to transition to college life.
C/A’s “Senior Experience” includes specific seniors-only privileges, activities, college-level work, and trips including:
- Senior Proclamation at High School assembly
- Three-day overnight trip in the fall to facilitate team-building and consider personal and academic goals
- Close work with college counselors to navigate the college admissions process
- Guidance and organizational help with college applications, essays, and recommendations
- Discussion sessions with a college advisor that address issues important in the transition from high school to college life.
- College-level research paper as part of Writing 12 course
- Selected membership in the National Honor Society (typically inducted junior year)
- Open-campus lunch
- Attendance at alumni events to interact with C/A graduates
- Final exams in early May with an option, based on semester performance, to place out of exams
- Senior trip
- Two-week internships at a local business, government office, or nonprofit organizations