- Grades 3-12
- Average to gifted intelligence
- Diverse learning styles
- Majority have executive functioning challenges
- May require accommodations
- Many have been diagnosed with ADHD
- Many have mild learning differences
- Vast majority plan to attend a four-year college or university
- Do not exhibit behavior problems that would impact the learning of others
Class Sizes at C/A:
C/A enjoys a 1:6 teacher/student ratio
Lower School classes have up to six students per teacher for Language Arts and Math
Middle and High School typically have 10 or fewer students per class
C/A offers a broad-based curriculum to prepare our students for the challenges of college, career, and life pursuits.
Our curriculum varies by grade level, but students in each Division benefit from:
- Teachers who use a variety of hands-on and interactive activities to engage students
- A full range of core subjects, as well as electives, cross-curricular projects, and Makerspace building projects
- A certified ADHD coach who provides support to students and teachers
Please click below for more specific curriculum information.
C/A's hallmark is providing support to students with executive function challenges.
Teachers embed school-wide organizational strategies and time management skills into instruction each day
Advisors meet with Middle and High School students daily to help keep them organized and stay on top of assignments and grades
Study skills are taught in the classroom and during Academic Support periods
Organizational coaching takes place during Advisory/Academic Support in Middle School and High School
On-site full-time school counselor
On-site full-time nurse
- On-site speech and language therapist and occupational therapist
Faculty Advisors beginning in Middle School
- 1:1 computer to student ratio
- Lower School students use school-provided iPads and Chromebooks
- Middle School students use school-provided Dell 2:1 Laptops and Chromebooks
- High School students participate in a Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) program
- Assistive technology is available on all school computers
- EdTech team on staff
- Online homework, student email accounts, Google classroom and faculty web pages facilitate homework completion
- All Commonwealth classrooms are outfitted with either Promethean Interactive White Boards, SMARTBoards® or TVs with Apple TV devices to enhance focus, comprehension, and interactivity
- Makerspace and Makerspace Design Studio
- Select textbooks and literature available in e-book or CD format
Accommodations are based on documentation from a qualified professional and included in the Student Action Plan (SAP) that C/A develops for every student.
C/A meets with parents on an annual basis to review their student's SAP.
Questions regarding SAPs can be emailed to Ellen Edwards, C/A Director of Support Services.