commonwealth academy parent association (CAPA)
CAPA is a vital part of our community, supporting students, teachers, and parents through a wide range of activities. All parents and guardians of students at Commonwealth are automatically members of CAPA, and are invited to become actively involved.
CAPA volunteers plan and/or support numerous events each year that enhance C/A student life, including:
- Partnership fundraisers: AmazonSmile, Harris Teeter VIC Card, C/A Spirit Wear. Click HERE for details.
- Welcome Back Picnic and end-of-year Field Day
- Community service activities and events
- Special end-of-quarter lunches for students and teachers
CAPA provides opportunities for fellowship as well as an open exchange of ideas and discussion about parenting issues and networking. Parent volunteers
- welcome new families
- plan informal coffees and schoolwide social events to help members of our community get to know each other better
- organize monthly meetings with invited speakers who share information and strategies on various parenting issue
Please Join Us
You are welcome and needed to play an active role in CAPA. There are many ways to participate, depending on your time, talents and interests. Come to a CAPA meeting to learn about the activities and events that need your support or contact a CAPA officer to get involved! Or, email CAPA at CAPA@ca-empowers.org.
2020–2021 CAPA Officers
To find out more about the Commonwealth Academy Parents Association, please contact one of CAPA's officers. To send an email, just click on a name below, or right-click to copy the email address to your clipboard.
President: Jacquie Segal
President-Elect: Kelly Beeland
Secretary: Aurora Thomas
Treasurer: Caty Poulin
Vice President-Fundraising: Tiffeny Sanchez
Vice Presidents - Parent Engagement
- HS Parent Engagement: Tammy Duncan
- MS Parent Engagement: Nancy Foster
- LS Parent Engagement: Jessica Horwitz
Vice Presidents- School-Based Programs
Ex-Officio: Connie Young
CAPA General Meetings
All parents are invited to CAPA General Meetings, which are held on a monthly basis at C/A.
The meetings are generally held on a Friday morning. The beginning of the meeting (from 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.) is set aside for coffee and social time; the business/speaker portion of the meeting starts at 8:00 a.m. and generally ends by 9:00 a.m.
Read the biweekly parent newsletters for the most up-to-date information on CAPA meetings.
Meeting dates and topics for the 2020-2021 School Year will be added shortly.