C/A's Athletic Philosophy
It is our belief that:
- interscholastic athletics can provide valuable opportunities for its participants to develop their confidence and self-esteem
- an athletic program should take an active role to promote good sportsmanship and conduct from athletes, coaches, and fans
- academic success and achievement is the top priority; participation in sports should be viewed as an extension of learning opportunities
- participation in sports should foster fun and positive experiences for those involved, regardless of the outcome of a contest, and
- the sports program should provide a safe environment in which to compete that also encourages athletes to take risks while striving to maximize their potential.